Homemade LaraBar Recipes

I love LÄRABARS

I love them in an obsessive sort of way.

I love them in a way that is bordering on unseemly.

I love them because they are made with a minimal number of real ingredients with…

• no sweeteners,
  • no fillers,
  • no supplements,
  • no flavorings or
  • no preservatives

LÄRABARS are 100% real food.

larabar pecan pie Homemade LaraBar Recipes

But, more than all of that, I love how LÄRABARS taste.

Problem is, LÄRABARS ain’t cheap.

For example, one of my clients uses LÄRABARS to fuel her Health Habits workouts. And at $2.50 per bar x 2 bars per workout x 5 workouts per week, that means she spends $25 per week on LÄRABARS. If we assume that she takes two weeks off from her workout schedule per year, that means she spends $25 x 50 weeks = $1250 per year on LÄRABARS.

Which she would be okay with. Unfortunately, her husband isn’t.

So, to maintain connubial bliss, my client and I went online in search of homemade LÄRABAR recipes.

Here’s what we found:

And for those visual learners out there, here is a “how to make” Larabars video for your viewing pleasure.

Well, that should be enough to get you started. But if none of those flavor combinations suit your fancy, here is a list of the “official” Larabar flavors.

Bon appetit.

1. Pingback: Granola Bars Exposed | The Slender Grapefruit

2. Timmy

August 27, 2012 at 1:56 pm

These bars are part of my diet. I can’t get enough of them.

3. Pingback: homemade larabar recipe « Tending the Garden

4. Pingback: Lara Bars | fusionpersonalfitness.com

5. Pingback: Homemade Peanut Butter and Other Oddities | I Knead Bread

6. Carla @ Yorkshire Pantry

August 9, 2011 at 9:05 am

I had never heard of Larabars before I found this page, but now I am hooked. These recipes are so much better for you than a cake yet the ones I have tried taste great.

7. Doug Cook

July 23, 2011 at 9:28 am

this is great! here in Canada they retail for about $2.80 – 2.90 per bar or almost $3 US!! It’s always worth it to make homemade since you’re not paying anyone else for labour!!

doug

8. Pingback: TodaysMama | Blog | Quick and Healthy Meal Tips for Summertime

9. Pingback: I CU

10. Pingback: Homemade Larabars and Friendly Visits | our DIY life

11. Pingback: Homemade larabars | Primal Dawn

12. Jon

April 15, 2011 at 4:48 pm

So, is it criminal for me to have never before eaten a Larabar before? I’ll say that you now have me intrigued and I am going to have to look into making some. Now, with such a massive list of seemingly good-sounding flavors I must ask: Which flavor reigns supreme???

13. Ivana

April 14, 2011 at 11:40 pm

I love larabars. They’re really just very good fruitcake, sans booze.

After a lifetime of hearing jokes about fruitcake, I find it ironic that one company is making a killing off of individual serving sizes of fruitcake to a world of people who would otherwise never consider eating the stuff.
    Yes, Larabars taste good, but the secret to their success is the lovely packaging.

Make your own Larabars? Makes perfect sense. Just don’t give them to your friends at Christmas time.

April 15, 2011 at 7:42 am

I am one of those rare individuals who love fruitcake as well.

Unfortunately my immune system doesn’t like the wheat used to make fruitcake

14. Pingback: Simple Goodness: Energy Bars – I Eat Grains!

15. Pingback: Treadmill torture and something that made me happy | skinnyshae

16. Pingback: Menu 3/7 « There's No Place Like Home

17. Pingback: 9-bars?

18. Pingback: Homemade Banana Bread Larabars « Pink of Perfection

19. Cara

January 2, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Awesome! Thanks for listing these recipes, I will have to try a few and share the results.

Cara

20. Jules

December 22, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Larabars are on sale for $5 a box at Superstore (BC – Lower Mainland, Vancouver area)!
    I’m going to snatch up a few tonight and may try out some of these recipes when I get time.

21. Sarah

December 12, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Thanks so much for this post! I love the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Larabar the best. I am going to make these tonight :) I buy Larabars at Walmart; a box of 5 bars goes for $5.98, so they are reasonably priced.

22. AndreAnna from Life as A Plate

November 28, 2010 at 9:38 am

Oh, this is such a great round-up of links to recipes! Thank you for doing this!

I also have a homemade Lara bar recipe posted where I use the power fruit pomegranates and 70% dark cocoa chips!

23. Pingback: The Onederland Express - Hop on Here!! #3 - Page 13 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community Support Groups

24. Jannah

September 27, 2010 at 10:12 am

Oh my gosh thank you!! I too am obsessed with these bars, but they are not cheap. I would rather use all that money on a fun trip than on nutrition bars. I was spending more on bars than actual food! This is a lifesaver. I am going to try these straight away!!!

25. Pingback: Going With Option 3 – DIY LÄRABARS | STRETCH EXERCISE EAT

26. Tiffany @ The Gracious Pantry

August 2, 2010 at 1:52 am

Thanks so much for including my Cherry Pecan Lara Bars! I’m flattered!

27. Carla

July 19, 2010 at 7:45 am

oh you have no idea just how happy I am with this page!
    Will have loads of things to try out the coming weekends!

28. healthhabits

June 21, 2010 at 4:57 am

Okay, so I didn’t make any Larabars this weekend – the weather was too nice and I was outdoors both days soaking up the summer sun

29. Chocolate Covered Katie

June 19, 2010 at 6:43 am

Aww wow, thank you so much for including my fudge babies. I’m honored :).

June 19, 2010 at 9:14 am

I am going to try my hand at making a bunch of different Larabar clones this weekend. Your fudge babies are on my list – they look ridiculously good