Why Can’t I Lose Weight?….it seems like I hear some version of this question each and every day. Just this past weekend, it was posed to me by Angela. (Angela is not her real name)
- Angela is a forty-something year old woman, with two kids and an executive position at an insurance company.
- Angela is 5’6″ and weighs approximately 170 lbs.
- Angela doesn’t want to weigh approximately 170 lbs.
Maybe, some of you can sympathize with her story.
- All the way through high school, Angela was an average, healthy weight. Not thin; healthy. She participated in gym class and enjoyed playing tennis.
- In university, she fell victim to the dreaded “freshman fifteen”. By the time she graduated, it was more like 20 lbs.
- After graduation, she lost most of that weight by exercising at a health club and watching what she ate.
- Next came the babies.
- After the birth of her two children, Angela found herself reunited with that extra 20 lbs.
- Throwing herself back into that same exercise and nutrition program, Angela managed to lose most of that 20 lbs.
- And then gain it all back….and then lose most of it again…..and then gain it all back plus a little bit extra.
- And so on and so on…
This takes us back to the present day.
- Angela has 35 lbs. of excess fat that she wants to be rid of.
- And she feels completely lost.
- She has read every diet book.
- She has exercised like an Olympic athlete.
- She has cleansed.
- She has popped dietary supplements.
- She has joined and quit three different diet programs.
Nothing works anymore. So she asks me, “Why can’t I lose weight”?
So Why Can’t She Lose Weight?
The truth is; when it comes to burning off excess body-fat, Angela has no idea what she is doing. But it’s not her fault.
- The multi-billion dollar diet industry sets people up for failure. If every dieter was successful, who would buy the next best selling diet book? Who would buy the pills or the bars or the shakes or the… Well, you get the point.
- The diet industry promises you easy weight loss. But when you fail, it is always due to your lack of will-power. So why don’t the diet gurus help you generate that will power?
Why don’t they give you a complete weight loss program involving:
- Exercise, and
- Mental / Emotional / Spiritual Strategies
Starting on the next page, I will attempt to do that….
Pages: 1 2 3 4