For the past two years, I have been posting free workouts here at Health Habits
These workouts employed all manner of fitness equipment and as such, were more appropriate for people with gym memberships.
This year, we are going to focus on people who workout at home.
- To begin with, we will only be doing body-weight exercises.
- After a month or so, we will add in some strength band workouts. I suggest you buy yours NOW!!!
- As we go along, I might add in a kettlebell or some other piece of home fitness equipment. I will give you lots of notice OR give you alternative exercises.
The workouts we will be posting online are exact replicas of the ones I am using with one of my newest clients. In fact, to show you how effective these workouts can be, my little guinea pig has agreed to track his physique transformation as the year progresses.
His goals are as follows:
- Reduce body-fat
- Get fitter – stronger, more flexible, agile, etc
- Get healthier
- Look great in the buff
Which are probably the same goals as 93% of y’all.
Here’s what we’re starting with…
Measurements : Day # 1
- Weight : 283 lbs
- Waist – landmarked @ Belly Button : 50″
- Hips – landmarked @ Butt : 45″
- Upper Arm - Midpoint between Shoulder & Elbow : 17″ relaxed – 18″ flexed
- Thigh – Midpoint between Hip & Knee : 28.5″
- Neck :19″
- Chest – landmarked @ Nipples : 53″
There are a few other health issues that we will be tracking, but will not be reporting here at HH (as per client request). Nothing out of the ordinary, but he wants to retain some modicum of privacy. If, in the future, he decides to open up his life a little more, I will report how this transformation has affected these issues.
Pictures: Day 1
- On Monday, I will post the first resistance workout.
- On Tuesday, I will lay out the dietary / lifestyle plan that I put together for our guinea pig
- On Wednesday, I will post the second resistance workout.
- On Thursday, I will make some recommendations about future exercise equipment purchases.
- On Friday, we have the 3rd resistance workout.
If you have any questions for me or the GP, feel free to leave a comment below or shoot me a message on Twitter.