Raspberry Ketones & Weight Loss

raspberries 1024x747 Raspberry Ketones & Weight Loss

Raspberry ketone is a natural phenolic compound that is responsible for the heavenly aroma of red raspberries. And according to this Planta Medica study, it’s also a potent fat burner.

Tested on a group of portly lab mice, it was discovered that raspberry ketone increased both the expression and secretion of adiponectin. This is important because adiponectinis a protein hormone which modulates a number of metabolic processes, including glucose regulation and fatty acid catabolism. Past research into adiponectin has shown that your levels of adiponectin are inversely correlated with your body fat percentage

• Higher adiponectin = lower levels of body fat.

During this latest study, this theory was re-affirmed as the formerly fat lab mice melted off a ton of body-fat. And if weight loss isn’t enough, higher levels of adiponection have been shown to control the metabolic derangements that may result in type 2 diabetes,obesity, atherosclerosis, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and metabolic syndrome.

As a result of all of this, the researchers concluded that Raspberry Ketone “holds great promise as an fat-burning, health-improving herbal medicine.

Conclusion

Expect to see Raspberry Ketones included in more & more fat burner supplements. .

Reference

1. Bibi

January 29, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I’m type 1 diabetic on insulin and also have high blood pressure. Is KR ok for me to take??

• Douglas Robb

January 29, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I would be concerned abut the high BP. I haven’t seen any studies looking at RK & hypertension, but if it was me, I would err on the side of caution and skip the RK.

If you want to look at weight loss supps, I would feel more comfortable with Green Coffee Bean extract as it has a BP lowering effect – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16419643

You may also want to check this out with your doc AND check your BP before/during supplementation. Even with some positive science and a doctor’s okay, it would be a great idea to check your BP before popping a GCB pill and every 15 min for a few hours to see how you respond.

Feel free to comment back if you have any questions…glad to help

2. Pingback: The Best Weight Loss Trick of All Time

3. Pingback: Green Coffee Bean Extract & Weight Loss

4. Pingback: The Raspberry Keytone Diet Aid: Is It Right for Me?

5. Pingback: 20 lbs lost in 12 weeks on EET! BEFORE and AFTER PICS!

6. Pingback: Lose Weight Using Raspberry Ketone Extract | How to Lose WeightHow to Lose Weight

7. Pingback: Lose Weight Using Raspberry Ketone Extract

8. any

June 7, 2013 at 10:21 am

Can i have rk here in bali,indonesia???

9. Pingback: 7 Tips To Lose Weight Fast

10. Pieter

February 28, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Is this just another magic pill/fad? I would like to see some real scientific evidence or studies from a credible source and not Dr. Oz. Geez do you think Oz will try to capitalize on this similar to gree coffee bean and other vitamins with h is name.

• Toby

June 14, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I’ve lost 109 lbs…. Enough proof

11. Tammy Martin

November 12, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I have been taking these pills for 3 months now and have noticed none of my clothes fit anymore. My largest pair of.jeans now have to be pinned to fit me. I also have tons of extra energy. Love them!!!!

12. K.Magesvary d/o Govindasamy

August 26, 2012 at 9:50 pm

In Singapore where can i buy it. My email add Shantimag@gmail.com

August 27, 2012 at 3:57 am

There are probably other brands for sale in Singapore, but here is a website for Glow RK for sale in Singapore – http://glow-raspberry.com/where-to-buy/

13. Gary

August 12, 2012 at 7:53 am

It doesn’t matter if you like them or not doofus. You take a pill. DUMB.

14. mel_anie29

May 15, 2012 at 12:52 pm

this is my first day taking rk keeping my fingers crossed that it works i would love to loose some weight but i am mainly taking them because i have no energy and a very slow metabolism’ so with any luck i can see some results with in a month..

15. chevygirl45

April 14, 2012 at 1:45 pm

If you want to be able to buy RK, you have to create the demand.  SO…..ask your pharmacist to bring it in.  They won’t do so if there is no demand for it.

April 16, 2012 at 4:41 am

Sice Dr. Oz mentioned RK on his show, health food stores are all scrambling to stock their shelves

16. popeyebella

March 29, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I just bought 500 mg of rk ,do you think that is too much to take each day ?

17. luvlavendarroses

March 3, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Can u buy it in stores??

March 6, 2012 at 11:43 am

It’s still fairly unknown right now, but all the manufacturers are jumping on the bandwagon and you should see a lot of diff brands in stores very soon. For right now, it’s best to go online to a site like bodybuilding.com and look for manufacturers

18. MishiRN

February 19, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Hello! Can yo tell me if this has any adverse reactions, since it is a hormone regulator….example, for people with thyroid or pituitary diseases? (I don’t have them, but I am curious for recommendation to patients and family) Also, where is the most reputible site to purchase from? There are obviously a ton of online retailers and manufacturers, and I dont know how to determine where to get the purest form. Thank you for your help!

19. Pingback: Healthy Aging: Body, Mind & Spirit » Raspberry ketones and weight loss

20. vikki cline

February 8, 2012 at 12:52 pm

istheraspberrieketoneweightlossgoodfor diabetics

21. Pingback: Raspberry ketones and weight loss

22. HealthHabits

February 7, 2012 at 12:52 pm

SND Canada carries a fat burner with raspberry ketones among the ingredients – http://www.sndcanada.com/phd_fat_catalyst_60_capsules_60_capsules.html

As well, Biotest’s Hot-Rox Extreme has RK

Bodybuilding.com has a bunch of different RK products – http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/raspberry-ketones.html

23. DonnaForan

February 7, 2012 at 12:25 pm

does anone know if u can buy kn in canada i live in new brunswick

• HealthHabits

February 7, 2012 at 12:53 pm

@DonnaForan – SND Canada carries a fat burner with raspberry ketones among the ingredients -http://www.sndcanada.com/phd_fat_catalyst_60_capsules_60_capsules.html

24. mabegute

February 6, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I found the article above and it explains how important it is to find the highest quality of RK to benefit anyone. This article explains the differences of RK ingredients available in supplements. It also gives you a list of the only 3 known companies that use the highest quality and beneficial component of RK in their products. I have no Idea if these three companies are connected and that is why they are making this claim or if the product i purchased is standardized; however it will educate you about the types of RK ingredients and how they work for your body.

I chose to purchase RK500 by Serious Nutrition solutions. They appear to have the highest purest content of RK on the market.

I can not wait to try it! I have autoimmune Hypothyroid and family history of Diabetes on both sides. My teenage son also struggles with his weight and even after 3 months of football practice 2+ hours a day (two weeks of that daily doubles of 6 hrs a day)

he only lost 6 lbs and only one inch around his waist.

Yes he has been tested for thyroid too. He has been seeing a endocrinologist and nutritionist regularly since the age of 6 when he became obese according to the charts and BMI.

He has been tested for everything.

Best of luck to all of you I hope you all find this article helpful.

• wh84me2

April 21, 2012 at 9:27 am

@mabegute
       I’m very curious to hear if you had your son take the RK as well.  I’ve been looking on line to see if RK is safe for kids.  I have a 10 year old who struggles with weight but is very, very active like your son.  Any information you have would be appreciated.

25. elizabethkelly

February 6, 2012 at 4:08 pm

So, this info about raspberry ketones was just on Dr. Oz. They recommend taking 200mg per day with breakfast. To get the same amount of keytones from the actual berry you would need to ingest 90lbs of raspberries.

• DonnaForan

February 7, 2012 at 12:23 pm

do you know to get kn in canada i live in new brunswck

26. Gina1990

December 9, 2011 at 12:33 am

What is the difference between cranberry, blackberry etc with raspberry?

27. MattOKC

October 1, 2011 at 10:32 am

Unfortunately, the study they refer to was with mice who were given raspberry ketones in such a high amount that it comprised 2% of their diet (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_ketone). Unless someone has a supplement that includes a hundred grams of the stuff, these 75-500mg capsules in the internet links above are so underdosed as to be laughable.

October 1, 2011 at 11:55 am

Hey Matt

It’s a preliminary study (hence the mice) and as such they are a long way from determining a minimum effective dose for humans….or mice.

For the sake of the supplement buying public, it would be nice to see a test performed on humans to determine if the range you mentioned is effective or not. But as we both know, these initial studies are great fodder for the supplement hype machine. They don’t need conclusive evidence to sell product.

28. RaspberryKetones

September 5, 2011 at 1:34 pm

raspberry ketones are useful especially because you don’t have to eat industrial quantities of raspberry though eating raspberry is a real treat, but as someone says it would mean to ingest sugars that triggers some fat deposits…but extracting the active principles from raspberry is definitely a plus because it will do the job without sugars.

29. BestFatburner

August 21, 2011 at 12:48 am

Raspberry ketone had some interesting results uptodate
    it looks like a promising fat binder, i wonder if they can mix some with ice cream ( i mean with the flavour )

30. Happy Always

July 7, 2011 at 11:32 am

to healthyhabits.
    you mention purchasing this from wholesaler. So how does a regular consumer get access to wholesale product if we’re not a retailer or restaurant or manufacturer?

Do you have a name and contact of a supplier?

31. Garrett

July 6, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Wow! This is interesting stuff. Historically, I have avoided fruit, in general, because of the extraordinarily high simple-sugar content, and the huge glucose response that accompanies eating fruit. I may have to start making an exception for raspberries…

32. Chris

April 30, 2011 at 4:06 am

anyone know where I can purchase a bottle of pure raspberry ketone in Toronto?

thanks:)

April 30, 2011 at 5:51 am

Chris – I don’t know of any major supplement companies selling a standalone RK product (Biotest has used it as part of their fat burner for years)

However, you can buy RK powder in bulk from wholesalers who have been selling it as a flavoring agent for years & years.

That’s what I think the small companies who sell RK are doing – buying a 100kg tub of RK, repackaging it in 500 g tubs, marking up the price and selling it to you

33. Pingback: Raspberry ketones and Weight Loss? | Hive Health Media's Blog

34. Derek @ Lower Ab Workout

April 27, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Hey,
    Do you think it’s just raspberry or any berry is good for fat loss?
    Thanks,
    Derek

April 28, 2011 at 4:06 am

If we’re looking at the research specifically, I haven’t seen anything on blueberry ketones, etc….

But, common sense would tell me that raspberries can’t be the only fruit/veg with this fat burning property.

For me, the specific research on raspberry ketones is interesting, but I wouldn’t count on a daily Raspberry ketone pill to be a magic fat-burning pill. But, I am also pretty sure that a bowl of raspberries is a lot better for my body than a bowl of ice cream

35. Rescuedad

April 21, 2011 at 7:08 am

I used creatine with raspberry ketones in it a while back, noticing that while the creating helped out as usual, i was a lot more cut. They live up to their research.

April 21, 2011 at 10:40 am

do you remember the brand?

36. Caveman Home Companion

April 20, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Finally something that’s good for you and tastes good too! Thanks for the info!

April 21, 2011 at 5:09 am

Hey Caveman – throw a ReTweet button on your blog – I would gladly show it some Twitter love