Weight Loss or Fat Loss?

fat david Weight Loss or Fat Loss?

Do you want to lose weight?…or do you want to lose fat?

There’s a big difference between the two.

If you want to lose WEIGHT:

If you want to lose FAT:

1. Daryl Bredenkamp

September 14, 2011 at 3:22 am

I only subscribe to the “Lose Fat” part. Would anyone really want to lose pure weight?? And that you certainly have 100% right. Anyone can lose fat with that advice.

2. Christina J

June 9, 2011 at 8:50 am

Love your post, your tips are so true. I work for a Fat Loss Product called SoL’eau Weight Loss Water. It uses a proprietary all natural fiber ingredient to help deliver leptin to your brain and turn on the fat burn while “increasing the volume” to your brain when your body is full so you can better control your appetite.

Leptin is a pretty cool and powerful hormone once you understand it!

3. Pingback: The Canadian Summit on Weight Bias and Discrimination

4. Cheap Supplements Online

January 6, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Haha I love that picture! Did you photoshop it yourself?

5. losing belly fat

December 10, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Some solid tips in your article, I particularly like the suggestion to follow the ‘skinny bitch diet’, where do I find that one……lol

Though seriously you have some great tips, though to offer my own five cents worth I think psychology and mindset is not covered enough as well as the importance of getting plenty of sleep and managing stress to ensure you get the biggest bang for you buck for your fat loss effforts.

Nice article!

6. Build Muscle

March 6, 2009 at 10:24 am

That top list is a great way to end up skinny-fat or just straight skinny. The bottom list is a great way to end up toned, strong, and healthy. Great post as usual!

7. Riayn

March 5, 2009 at 10:04 pm

I am guilty at only looking at the number on the scale and getting depressed that it hasn’t dropped as much as I want it to, even when I am losing centimeters around my waist and hips and I am looking more slim.
    I am doing my best to do high intensity exercise, cut out refined carbs and eat more vegies.

8. Emily

March 5, 2009 at 11:03 pm

I think your post (another great one) also makes the point that health and fitness can be rooted in sound concepts that are, actually, simple. The weight-loss list is convoluted and complex. I think confusion is a big issue in regard to health — we’re all bombarded with so much info… even though I have my own stance on the subject (which is pretty much the same as yours, albeit not necessarily as well-thought-out!), sometimes when stressed I start giving way and thinking, “But wait, maybe I need to do this… or this… ”

In sum, I like how your fat-loss list seems to hit all the points, and in a nice, simple manner that fits together nicely the way a puzzle would. (Love the emphasis on self-confidence, too — I’m sure you’re a great personal trainer!)

9. gettingmyshodan

March 5, 2009 at 11:40 am

I really enjoyed your pictures. They are a lot of fun!

The distinction between fat loss and weight loss is clearly explained and I think that we understand more and more that body composition is more important that the simple number on the scale.

Thanks for this post. It puts things in perspective.